Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Early Earth Starfleet munition developed alongside Poseidon-class vessels
- Presumptive from "Triton-class" designation per "Minefield"
- Nuclear-based munition (TOS: "Balance of Terror"; SCE Short Story: "Foundations, Book Two")
- Latter citation given per capability of generating EMP
- Largely obsoleted by photon torpedo, but still in use by Starfleet by c.2165 (SCE Short Story: "Foundations, Book Two")
- Fixed yield per missile, unlike later munition (ENT: "The Expanse")
- Low viability against deflectors; easily deflected by shields, with little capability of inflicting damage against shielded opponents (ENT: "Fight or Flight")